Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Downright Dangerous Mocha White Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I always love to bake for my boyfriend Cody, especially for special occasions. Tomorrow is our 20 month anniversary. We enjoy celebrating anniversaries, and since our 1 year was 8 months ago, and our 2 year is still 4 months away, we were eager to celebrate number 20-a substantial number when you're 17! My mother has always told me that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. This could not be more true for Cody. The hours I've spent baking various desserts and treats for him is well worth those priceless moments of grunts of approval between chewing and smiling.

I never have had a lot of money, so I'm very lucky that I found a guy that graciously accepts food over anything from the mall. Our one year anniversary, I made Caramel-Marshmallow brownies, white chocolate dipped strawberries, and his all time favorite- buffalo wings. I've never seen a boy eat so much!

So tomorrow I plan on surprising him with these cookies I developed tonight. They're wonderfully chewy, just enough chocolate and coffee, and absolutely delicious- If I do say so myself! I promise you, you cannot have just one! Enjoy!


Downright Dangerous Mocha White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 1/2 cup Crisco
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon brewed coffee
3 eggs
3 3/4 + 1 tablespoon flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
3 teaspoons instant coffee powder
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
8 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 375. In an electric mixer, cream Crisco, sugars and vanilla. Add eggs and brewed coffee. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and instant coffee. Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed Crisco, occasionally scraping the side of the bowl with a spatula. Add the melted chocolate and mix well. Finally add the white chocolate chunks and mix until just incorporated. Using a medium sized cookie scoop, drop uniform balls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet, and lightly press the dough flat. Make sure to space about 2 inches apart, as cookies spread. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle left over shavings of white chocolate on to the cooled cookies as decoration. Makes 40 decently sized cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment